Romantic & Exotic Honeymoons
Romantic and exotic are typical words we use to describe jetsetting to a private oasis to get away from the hustle and bustle of the wedding planning and everyday life.
At Steps we consider this in all aspects because romance is a key element of marriage, right? ...not always, but for most it is definitely important especially on a honeymoon. Many times tropical locations top the charts for being the most romantic and exotic, because of this, they can demand the big bucks. At Steps we believe the definition of romantic and exotic is left in the eye of the beholder because not everyone likes a tropical setting.
Check out Steps top choices for Romantic and Exotic Honeymoons:
- The ABC's of the Carribean: Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao located in the southern part of the carribean experience pleasant weather year-round, but the late summer and fall is an especially good time to visit because people think that all parts of the carribean are hit by hurricanes and prices are lower. Aruba offers some great all inclusive resorts like Divi Aruba where rates include accommodations, all meals and snacks, unlimited beverages, land and water sports, entertainment, use of the Alhambra Casino, a kids' camp for children five to 12, and taxes and service charges. We have seen prices as low as $300 to $360 a night in the fall to $520 to $580 in the peak season. Curently Honeymoon packages are available for $412.00/couple/night from Apr 18 through Dec 18, 2009. Airfare...also reasonable. Yes, we just talked about tropical destinations...but come on..this is a great deal, tropical, all inclusive exotic and romantic.
- Lombok, Indonesia: Bali's quieter, less crowded counterpart, with terrific beaches, world-class diving and snorkeling, beautiful scenery, and an interesting local culture. Steps would classify this as an exotic Asia destination. The majority of your cost is going to be in airfare to get to an exotic location but once you get there, your dollar will go far here and in most SouthEast Asia countries.
- Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, Canada: Prefer to spend time with your honey making snow angels rather than hanging in the sun? Situated on the edge of the glacier-fed Lake Louise, the Fairmont Chateau offers an abundance of winter sports creating a heavenly honeymoon haven ..or during the summer the idyllic lake setting makes Chateau Lake Louise a popular honeymoon spot n in the warmer months. Take advantage of the resort's outdoor activities, which include horseback riding, whitewater rafting and hiking.
- Paris, France: Of course, Paris, one of the most romantic cities in the world and you can definitely go on a budget. Vist the Eiffel Tower, the Latin Quarter, and must more. Now with the state of the economy in 2009 your dollar goes further. You can do a trip for less than $2500 including airfare.
- The Poconos: This area has been a top bargain has been a honeymoon haven for generations. For less than $1000, the trademarks of Pennsylvania's Poconos--the heart-shaped beds, the seven-foot whirlpools shaped like Champagne glasses--can all be yours....if they don't strike you as a little over the top, you can definitely strike some remarkable deals. At the Summit Resort in Tannersville, offers year-round tab for six nights starts at $750 per couple; with that, you get three buffet meals daily, entertainment each night, free activities (including horseback riding, golf, and skiing, dependant upon the season), and a bunch of other goodies ranging from a bottle of bubbly to his-and-hers T-shirts. For some it may be a little cheesy...but it is definitely fun and romantic, and you can't beat the price.
Really, it doesn't matter where you go to have the most romantic or exotic vacation. That is up to you and what you like. We always like to give a variety of destinations off the beaten path because sometimes people don't even consider anything but the Carribean, Hawaii or Vegas. Who knows, it may surprise you and become a family tradition.
Oh, right now, go check out the hot spots page...there are some great deals because of the economy.